iOS app closing mid game

Hello,

I have sent an email of this issue to support but thought to also include here and see if I can find an answer or at least anyone else with similar issues. I play mostly on my iPad 4th generation tablet and these issues relate to it.

So mid game my app will get laggy like it is struggling to keep up with receiving packets and then it will just close. This happens often and obviously makes the game difficult to play. If I chat in the team room while playing, or even just take a look around in messages or settings etc, I can expect a crash with the app closing even more promptly.

At times the team challenge points will disappear and I can no longer see them. When chatting in the team room, writing messages will become impossible as having to wait long periods of time for the pressed characters to eventually display and catch up to what I am typing.

I don't have a lot of apps and photos on my iPad and have plenty of storage available. Other laptops and phones aren't having any network issues. My iPad is just the best option for in bed late night and early morning play so as not to wake my better half.

Any thoughts please? Thanks guys.

daanco ^_^

Edited by daanco
12 hours ago, daanco said:

I don't have a lot of apps and photos on my iPad and have plenty of storage available.

Then you can try making some kind of backup of your photos and then factory reset of device? I recently discovered, it's truly helpful - my device was restarting itself every 2 minutes... seemed like battery issue, but resetting made it work.

I know how it sounds - but someone else would definitely suggest that. This is most suggested idea when someone has problem with mobile devices.

Ok so I factory reset my iPad 4th gen. Same thing with app crashes that toss me out of games until I can log back in. Maybe not quite as bad now is only difference. Any time I go into settings and click support I get kicked out and crashes too. There are other members in my team with iPads that are having similar issues.

16 hours ago, daanco said:

Ok so I factory reset my iPad 4th gen. Same thing with app crashes that toss me out of games until I can log back in. Maybe not quite as bad now is only difference. Any time I go into settings and click support I get kicked out and crashes too. There are other members in my team with iPads that are having similar issues.

Okay, then apparently we can say that this is issue with the hardware itself (I can see it has only 1 GB of RAM - which seems to be minimum for GOP3) or the game. I do not have any devices to test myself if 1 GB of RAM could be issue, but it's generally known that low amount of free RAM on mobile devices makes some application crash - especially games, because they take a lot of resources...

Hopefully developers make some tweaks and make such issues disappear...

Hey guys and gals.

I got another idea - try to tweak in the options - perhaps disabling or enabling features will do some changes. For things like:
- animation of hats,
- high performance mode (not sure if this should be on or off),
- sounds & music,
- notifications.

And remember to kill (turn off) other applications that might run in background, as they will slow down device, too.

Byt0TD2.pnga9R3kZO.pngOQLHhkC.png

Edited by Beridok
  • Thanks 1