Corrie

Questions & Answers

I like the ability to play in Private Rooms -- BUT what happened to our team is that two players on our team used the private rooms to collect money from other players.  This was okay at first, but then they became pests and started spamming requests for money to all of team in a few minutes.  I received 35 requests for money within a few minutes through the game messages area.  We lost several team members because of this.  One of them lost all of his money, 1.3 Billion chips on purpose in 3 hours, because he got so disgusted by the spammed requests interrupting his play.  The begger carried his requests and harrassment from private messages into the Team Chat area.  The big money winning player has not been on since this happened and indicated that he would be back when he felt better about playing Governor of Poker in probably a few months.  He was one of our better players and the team really misses him.  The two begging players on our team begging money have not been back on since the private rooms have been closed -- AND WE DO NOT MISS THEM!!!  If private rooms cause this type of behavior, we should not have them.

That sounded like an issue that could be fixed by some moderation in the new messagng system. Or do you mean in your poker team? If so why doesnt your offciers or Leader simply kick them from the team.

Edited by AChain
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a thread about this, but it seems to have disappeared. I have also seen other references to it with no responses.

When there is a daily challenge to win a certain amount, when playing S&G one does not get full challenge credit for winnings. For example, I bought in to a King's Crown tournament for 2M chips and won the tournament to receive 7.5M chips. I only got credit for winning 13650 chips. Playing a cash game, I won one hand for ~5M chips and completed the challenge.

There is obviously something not right about that, and it is a long-standing issue.

Why?

Edited by sfxtd

As I understand it, in S&G you only get credit for the TABLE chips you win in each hand, not the 1st/2nd place jackpot you win at the end of the table.

Since everyone starts with 3000 table chips, which they win/lose back and forth, a first place winner will get credit for at least 12,000 chips (unless someone walks away from the table) and possibly up to 2-3x that amount if there are big swings during the table, esp at the end.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:15 PM, AChain said:

That sounded like an issue that could be fixed by some moderation in the new messagng system. Or do you mean in your poker team? If so why doesnt your offciers or Leader simply kick them from the team.

The problem was self-limiting.  The people could not survive without the handouts, were not willing to spend cash on chips and have stopped playing.  Since they are off of my team and I unfriended them, I have no idea if they restarted playing.

I am curious.  What kind of moderation can be done in the new messaging system.  I get messages while playing at the tables and could see where this could be a distraction.  In the case above, the people were using both private and team message boards to beg for chips. 

I really enjoy GOP3.  I log in every single day of the week, month and year.  I like the friendliness of the environment.  My team sent Merry Xmas and Happy New Year messages in all of the languages of the players on our team.  I have poker buddies that remain active and friendly for close to 3 years.  I hope that this all continues.

Hi @Ines, since the last update, i don't get daily chips and gold rewards by watching videos on Android smartphone. Can you fix it please?

Hello.  Since the last update of the game, I can not run it on the iPhone 5S. I installed the game on my phone again, but it did not help ? Can you tell me what happened?

Hi @Kobix998, unfortunately, our game isn’t supported for all Apple devices anymore. With the last update, Apple stopped the compatibility for some of the older devices with its Compiler Software(XCode). iPhone 5S is one of them. You can play on Facebook Gameroom, Steam! Thanks for your understanding! :) 

Hi, just found this forum, been playing for a while, love the game... but got one question, and comments/suggestions.

First, some players post those little smiley faces or make pre written comments that I do not have. I asked and all they say is STEAM.

So ok, I have a steam account, set it up ages ago and never use, but I went and re ignited it, found this game.... but.

HOW or CAN I actually log into this game through steam and get into the same account I have (through youdagames.)  Or do I have to start over?

And IF I do have to start over, set up a new user name and all that,  what's to stop me (or anyone) from playing both accounts at the same time?

Unfair if both land at the same table.  (Which may not even happen, it's not like we get to pick who we play against.) 

And that brings up a few comments for the developers here.

I wouldn't mind getting my daughter signed up IF we could both play at the same table.   But that doesn't seem possible.  I play poker on other sites, some it's random like here, and some you can SEE who is at what table and play what ever players you want to play against. 

Is that possible and I just don't know how?   Or not possible?  Ever will be or NEVER will be???

Lastly the chat feature in the game blows wind.  It's hard to access, (I usually have to click it several times) then it pulls out and blocks the table. 

how about a chat window off on the side, or in the corner or something so players can talk to each other?

OR.... if your opposed to that, how about a way WE can custom make our own pre done comments?   I'd much rather have a "nice hand" than "are you serious"  If we had an option to make up a few of our own and save it so they are one fast click in, that would be awesome.

hey guys, so I just opened my team challenge chests and I got a bunch of gifts, but I'm not sure what they are used for? I assumed it would let me gift those items for free but that doesn't seem to be the case

On 2/8/2019 at 4:55 AM, Ines said:

Hi @Kobix998, unfortunately, our game isn’t supported for all Apple devices anymore. With the last update, Apple stopped the compatibility for some of the older devices with its Compiler Software(XCode). iPhone 5S is one of them. You can play on Facebook Gameroom, Steam! Thanks for your understanding! :) 

Sorry but I need to correct you one one point.  

copy;  "our game isn’t supported for all Apple devices anymore."

Ok, it's NOT the device that has to support a game.  It's the GAME DESIGNERS that need to program a game that works across all platforms.

Otherwise it's kinda like a store, who WANTS people to come in and shop, posting a sign, welcome everyone wearing brown shoes.  Everyone else take a hike.

Stupid huh?  

Personally I don't play games on my phone.  It's a phone.  But people obviously do, so don't throw away good customers.

Meanwhile no one has answered my questions here at all.  

Lack of support will also send customers packin.

Hi @ArtmakerJen, make sure your account is connected to email first. Then, open steam and log in with that email address. Please let me know if it worked :) 

Thanks for your feedback regarding the private chat!

Regarding Apple devices, it's an Apple situation and our developers can't change it. Thanks for your understanding.

Yea I got in, could not log into my game though, probably used a separate address for steam.  I set up a new player through steam but can't pick a user name.  It automatically takes what I signed up on steam with which doesn't fit in your game's alloted space so it just looks stupid.

Listen, steam blows.  I actually found the little smiley doo dads, just didn't notice the tab they are in. But it's not a steam thing, it's in the game and they work fine now that I know where they are.  (I do wish the comments, emojis etc were easier to access during game play.  Kind of a pain where they are.) 

I'll let the steam account go.  They aren't worth the headach. 

(IE I got some mystery error notice just installing steam.  Then tried a few free to play pinball games, one played one time then got another error and they won't load.  Posted two topics in their forums and got snarky replies that "This has already been discussed."   Swell.  Where?  ANSWERS? 

NO answer from their support what so ever.

No, I'm done with steam.)

By the way, some people have pictures by their user names.  Any way to upload one through the game?  And NOT through steam?

If not there aught to be. 

Thanks.

Edited by ArtmakerJen
typos... shees.

I have 2 Steam accounts, one with a VAC Ban on CS:GO and one where I want to buy again CS:GO. On the account with VAC Ban I can see a 5Million pack with 5€. Now, on the new account I can see only the 199€ and 99€ ones. Please help me, I want to buy the 5million one.

I have a question...

WHAT is the point of all the gifts, like milk, cake, lips, beer, etc etc etc......  I can't for the life of me figure out IF it does anything? It  COSTS to give it out. (found that out the hard way.)  Some batch of hearts or something flies up into my level bar when someone gives me something but I have no clue what that means.   So the junk just sits in my inventory forever.   I think it's stupid.  (cute, but stupid.) 

So... is there some benefit to giving or getting any of this stuff?  (much rather have chips myself.) 

Hello,

when i have diamond chest unlocked in the team challenge and then change to another team, that has all 8 chests unlocked allready, do I get the rewards from the 8 diamondchests in the new team?

thanks a lot for your answer

AFAIK, if you join a team during a challenge, you can't participate in the challenge on that team in that week. At least that used to be the rule.

Also I believe that once you've COMPLETED a challenge (i.e. become eligible to cash it), the chests you've won are part of your account, not the team's account. There are two ways to complete a challenge: 1) if you personally reach diamond level; and 2) when the challenge ends.

A warning for MOST players: I wouldn't suggest that anyone change teams during a challenge unless they've cashed all their chests. If you haven't reached Diamond, you could lose any chests you won on the old team, and not be able to earn anything that week on your new team. I remember lots of complaints in the past from people who screwed themselves because they didn't understand this or who got screwed when their team booted them before the end of the challenge. I don't know if GoP has moderated this bright-line policy.