Capt Rebel

Get rid of "Thanks"

Can you please remove this as a quick response option???  it's spam, super annoying, allows winner of the hand to be a total jerk, and ruins the fun.  Pleeeeezz

• Like 1

It may just be how your perceive the "Thanks" I say it a lot when people send me gifts and what not I don't think they will remove it and i would be a little annoyed if they did because i wouldn't be able to thank anyone or have them thank me for the gifts.

Its especially annoying when someone goes all-in with nothing and bad beats you and then says it, but as above poster says, its necessary to be there to be polite also.

"Thankers" have never bothered me.

I know it's easier said than done, for many people, but tilt is subtle and occurs in many forms and degrees. Why give your opponents a soft spot to poke to piss you off? Just smile and take their money in the long run.

That does remind me of one thing that has bothered me since I started this game. If "Thanks" was REALLY created for politeness (which I question), why is there no "You're Welcome" balloon in the suggestions next to "Thanks"?

If you're politeness-minded, it's a nice way to repay courtesy. If you're snark-minded, it's a better countersnark than just fuming. Either way, the words for "Thank you" and "You're Welcome" go hand in hand in every culture/language I know.

(I apologize if this has already been remedied. I may not have seen it because I turned off Chat Suggestions shortly after I began playing, due to accidental misclicks. Back then, the chat suggestion box would pop up partly over the action buttons.)

Thanks is an important button for politeness and should not be removed just because some people abuse it and annoy some others. I do really want the ability to select which phrases or emojis show up on the quick-response suggestion bar. That also might reduce the number of people responding with "nice bluff" in response to every raise.