Sign in to follow this  
sayasu

royal poker all in on a table straight

the vast majority of royal pokers know that if their is a straight on the table -  than its 100% that all the players will have a straight.

(the exception is a player may have a royal straight flush)

But its commonplace that inevitable one the players will go all in.

The problem is the math.

GOP takes 3% of all winnings - which INCLUDES ties on the table.

So lets suppose 5 players are in @ $3000 each. The straight is now on the table and of course a 'brilliant' player goes all in hoping to capitalize on somebody else's ignorance.

So lets do the math. If i fold - i lose $3000

If i call the $150,000 i will than lose $4500

Even if a player folded before me - i will still only gain my 1/4 portion of his $3000 - which is $750 so i still end up losing more money by calling than i do if i call and share the pot.

The exception to this rule is team play - where im willing to 'pay' the $1000 in order to get the 24 team points (while its double time)

the vast majority of royal pokers know that if their is a straight on the table -  than its 100% that all the players will have a straight.

(the exception is a player may have a royal straight flush)

But its commonplace that inevitably one the players will go all in.

The problem is the math.

GOP takes 3% of all winnings - which INCLUDES ties on the table. Ties are considered winnings in gop in terms of commissions. (they are not included as winnings in other aspects like the daily total of winnings  in the activity page)

So lets suppose 5 players are in @ $3000 each. A straight is on the table and of course a 'brilliant' player goes all in hoping to capitalize on somebody else's ignorance.

So lets do the math. If i fold - i lose $3000

If i call the $150,000 i will than lose $4500

Even if a player folded before me - i will still only gain my 1/4 portion of his $3000 - which is $750 so i still end up losing more money by calling than i do if i call and share the pot.

The exception to this rule is team play - where im willing to 'pay' the $1000 in order to get the 24 team points (while its double time)

The point is that the 'uber chacham' who is going all in to try and take advantage of his opponents - is the one who is really losing out. And the player who folds is correct in doing so

sharp observation.

But the rake in oilstorage is dubble that. GOP takes 6% ! of all winning. In vegas it is 5%. 

I did fold because of this reason many times. 

Edited by Misty

When I am in a team competition for chests, I do not care about money.  I am trying to get 10,000 points for myself and add to the total to get to the 8th chest for the team.  So, I will go all in to get the maximum 87 points.  I drop about 10 million in these team chest competitions.  I only get it back if I get an UltraSpin with a Diamond 8th chest.  I average 30 million chips from an Ultraspin, so I am up 20 million.  For you guys that are not on a team, that is your choice to play at the table during a team challenge.  Just understand what is going on and why players like me will invariably go all in with a straight on the board.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:44 PM, Yamagata said:

When I am in a team competition for chests, I do not care about money.  I am trying to get 10,000 points for myself and add to the total to get to the 8th chest for the team.  So, I will go all in to get the maximum 87 points.  I drop about 10 million in these team chest competitions.  I only get it back if I get an UltraSpin with a Diamond 8th chest.  I average 30 million chips from an Ultraspin, so I am up 20 million.  For you guys that are not on a team, that is your choice to play at the table during a team challenge.  Just understand what is going on and why players like me will invariably go all in with a straight on the board.

Good for you.

I'd like to suggest to GOP the option of hosting tables, so people who want to play Team Challenges with some sort of skill can do so in peace.