Sign in to follow this  
patbenja123

All In

Because of daily activities, like 'win 10 spin & play' to get spin tickets etc, sometimes players will just go in several low buy-in cost games at the same time and just play bingo. It's very quick to get the wins you need and frankly you seem to win about as many with those random all-ins as you do if you put the time in to play properly.

Sometimes in sit & go games players may do it so they either get off to a good start (by doubling up) or just move onto the next game.

Some players may be doing it because they just got bad beat in their last game and are frustrated.

So, there are a number of reasons .

Another one is that players will go in low value Royal Poker game like oil storage when team challenge is on and do it because the points they get from wins are worth more to them the money they might lose each hand. Because decent prizes for team challenge chests are worth more.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:59 PM, Goodkat said:

Another one is that players will go in low value Royal Poker game like oil storage when team challenge is on and do it because the points they get from wins are worth more to them the money they might lose each hand. Because decent prizes for team challenge chests are worth more.

All of your reasons only apply to people who are silly enough to vast sums of real money on fake poker chips. You cannot follow any of the above strategies relying on free chips, unless you get very lucky with RNG and some very stupid human opponents. 

I really wish GOP would let people 'host' tables in certain formats like Royal Poker so people who do this can be kicked from tables. 

On 4/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, PokerGirl said:

All of your reasons only apply to people who are silly enough to vast sums of real money on fake poker chips. You cannot follow any of the above strategies relying on free chips, unless you get very lucky with RNG and some very stupid human opponents. 

I really wish GOP would let people 'host' tables in certain formats like Royal Poker so people who do this can be kicked from tables. 

With respect, I disagree with your first line,

but agree with your 2nd line as I can understand it could be frustrating. They did have a feature for private tables but got rid of it for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I think players founds a way of using it to gain an unfair advanatge, like filling with team members and just folding to get points or something.

You are both missing the point.

Going all-in, raising, and re-raising, pepretually, IRRESPECTIVE of your hand, is what keeps the auctions, pardon me, the game going, it's what feeds the GOPTA (gop Trolling Algorithm). When you stop treating this as a poker game, and carefully observe the patterns, it will all make sense.

p.s. They allegedly stopped the private games, to prevent people from exchanging chips in the Big Win competitions, then eliminated Big Win tables alltogether. Now people just exchange points towards the team challenge goals in all other available tables, simply by arranging it in team chats, private chats, or even at the table chats. Yet another brilliant problem elimination by the Auctioning Masterminds.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, IFOKTHANKERS said:

You are both missing the point.

Going all-in, raising, and re-raising, pepretually, IRRESPECTIVE of your hand, is what keeps the auctions, pardon me, the game going, it's what feeds the GOPTA (gop Trolling Algorithm). When you stop treating this as a poker game, and carefully observe the patterns, it will all make sense.

p.s. They allegedly stopped the private games, to prevent people from exchanging chips in the Big Win competitions, then eliminated Big Win tables alltogether. Now people just exchange points towards the team challenge goals in all other available tables, simply by arranging it in team chats, private chats, or even at the table chats. Yet another brilliant problem elimination by the Auctioning Masterminds.

How can it be an auction when you get an equal amount of people coming on here complaining that they think they are losing specifically because they did buy chips, in some cynical attempt to make them buy more.  Are you sure you're observing all the patterns!!

Yes, I am.

Equal (amount of people) to what? To those not coming on here but still upset by and/or observant of, the GOPTA?

The number of overall users that complain in here about anything, both as an absolute number and as a % of any other group of users, is irrelevant to the fact that this is indeed an algorithm-manipulated auction game, that resembles a video game (in that you have to follow specific steps and observe patterns and motives) much more than it resembles a poker game.

This algorithm can be triggered in one's favor by (among other methods) going all-in, and some players use this trick to their advantage. That is my response to the original question of this topic.

One could claim that free chips allow users to be more risk-prone in their game, thus achieving better results with all-ins than would normally be expected.

Well, that one would be either VERY naive (to put it politely), or still novice at dealing with the monster that GOPTA is, or a gop fanboy. :)

• Sad 1

Whatever reason, the game has become a bore. I've been playing for 18 months or so and never paid them anything. I just treat it as fun, it's not poker. Now, more folk (or bots?) going all-in has stripped any pretence of being poker.  Rewards are getting less and less, if (as a non-payer) you start to build up a stack then the bots move in.  

I Believe that there is still a vital use for Govenor Of Poker 3 and that is to train your gut instinct. Gut instinct being the most magical skill in poker, what is better than using a free site to check out your anticipation skills out on? Also, if i had money (I'm poor) I would buy chips merely as a donation to GOP3, there are many online games where you can buy skins for Characters but still doesn't give you an advantage over other players. I feel the same way you do but only on real money sites, it's funny reading your thread as I have said the same thing to myself when playing for real. I recognise this sort of talk too from when I used to have a bet on football's Win Lose or Draw games, I even still think football is fixed to this day... maybe I should just admit that gambling isn't for me.

If you have ever played Governor Of Poker 1 or 2 the theme of these games was to argue the point that poker is a game of skill and should not be looked upon like gambling. I believe it's a hybrid game, cross between the 2. Especially having heard professionals say that they needed a certain element of luck to get so far, or even winning, a tournament.

Ha, I'm playing Horse Shoe Arena and it's all in every hand, so here I am taking no notice of it and typing in forum while they wait for me to make a decision. Yawn

you are missing the point BIGJ - you think we notice that you are playing slow? Not a chance. We are playing 4 tables simultaneously and when a player decides to play slow it simply gives us a chance to look up things like out team points or get a drink.

The posts above are correct. Stop thinking of team play as poker. It isnt. Its an action game where you are trying to accumulate 10k points in under 2 hours - without losing any $.  This of course is unlikely to happen - but to get to 10k in under 3 hours is really easy and on avg i lose 2 million or so. I play 4 tables of 100 k spin n play and I do not go all in when the pocket is  9-2 or 9-3 or 8-2 or  8-3 or 8-4 or 7-2 or 7-3 or 7-4 or 6-2 or 6-3 or 5-2 unless they are same suit. Otherwise i go all in. It doesnt matter if the table prize is $200k or $5 m. I play it all the same way.

The $2 m i lose is reimbursed by the 5th chest - so everything over that is pure gains. I currently have $500 m + 6 ultra spins + 40 mega spins unused. Im not even counting the gold/silver/bronze tix i have. I have well over 100 double time tokens and 5 piggy bank tokens

I took a different nick and took it from $5m to vip in 3 weeks (i got a $60m spin on the ultra)

all in all its super easy to get to vip. My 12 y.o. who didnt even know that flush beats a straight made vip in a month