Sign in to follow this  
BubbaBoBob

The new team scoring has ruined Royal Poker

I primarily only play Royal Poker in Vegas but the new team scoring has ruined that game for me.  Winning hands now receive 7 points, sometimes 4 points and occasionally all the way up to 14 points.  The only way to get decent team points is to go all in and hope at least a couple others also go all in.  If there is a straight on the board and everyone goes all in then a player can get 100 - 200 team points but because of the house's cut on ties a player will lose several hundred thousand in chips by doing that.

The changes made were supposedly made to prevent "bingo" players but the new team scoring actually encourages that type of play, at least with Royal poker

Hello, to avoid the so-called " bingo players" the points that you receive now are calibrated differently. Going every time all in was the best strategy to gain more points, now it's not anymore, you gain more points by winning bigger pots. Once they will realize that, most of them will stop playing like this. Hope you will stick around and give it a shot!

I understand what you are saying and what your theory is but the opposite is what is happening, at least with Royal Poker.  The team points are now so minimal (unless several players go all in) that it is not worth betting just the pot etc or raising normally.  A regular pot with no one going all in is 14 team points.  "Playing Bingo" and several players going all in gives over 200 team points.  

Edited by BubbaBoBob

I have no clue what  you folks did to this game but it's horrible  now.  I was doing ok.  I could make diamond if I really worked at it.  Sure I lose games but would win occasionally too.  Now?   I can't remember the last time I actually won a sit and go.  Not in the beginners all the way up to the spin tower.  So forget about points, I just want to win one often enough to keep some chips to play with.   Something got changed for the worse.  I can be holding a full house and somehow get beat.  Can be dealt a pair of aces, someone goes all in and wins with garbage.   Over and over again.  Not once in awhile, no.  Constantly.

I find I've been playing once, lose as usual and just turn it off.   Or log in just to get what little free chips I can spinning the wheel or playing my free spin on the slot. 

Even the tickets I win  ALWAYS pay the lowest possible numbers.   Every single time.  I can watch it land on a million then flip, clicks one more time onto diddly squat.

There is nothing "random" about this.  And is the single biggest reason I will never spend real money here.   If I spend real money it will be on a real card game. With real cash prizes no less.  This I do for fun but what ever you did to the algorithm here, it's just not fun.   

BTW your attempts to stop the all in players IS NOT WORKING!!!! I'm seeing it more now than ever before.  If you really want to stop that simply put limits on the betting.  Force people to play a real game.  Maybe try that on one table or some such thing and see if it's popular.  If you allow all in, there will be players to do that. And I doubt anyone is watching how team points are gathered.  (I didn't even know about it until reading the threads here.)