ArtmakerJen

SOUND KEEPS COMING ON!

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!   Every day... I have to log in then refresh the page 2, 3, 4.... sometimes MORE just to get the sound, which I have set to mute, to stay MUTED!

WHY?   I do NOT WANT GAME NOISE!!!!!!! I listen to news, or my own music, NOT BING, CLINK, CHEERS, or any other meaningless garbage.

How about setting sound to OFF by default?   If anyone really wants to listen to noise they can.

Imac   High Sierra

Opera 

(firefox is my browser of choice but your game stopped working on it about the time you rolled out the whole ruby level. This is the ONLY thing I use opera on.)

And please do NOT suggest I install Chrome.  I don't want Googles teeth in my computer.

FIVE page refreshes yesterday to get the sound to stay off.  Today was only three.

SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS AT ALL!!!!!

BTW Every single time I have to refresh the page at least once.

Right after I enter my password and click... the page just sits. 

That's the point where firefox just loads till the end of time and does nothing.

I do this automatically now.  Click... give it a sec, refresh and the game comes up.  Again shouldn't have to do that either.

Edited by ArtmakerJen
more

Hey ARTMAKERJEN, would it be an option for you to use Facebook Gameroom or Steam to play our game? Both Windows apps are specially created to play games and will give you a way better game experience than playing in the browser. Both are for free and you can easily login with your current game account. :) 

I would not touch facebook if you paid me.   Though I do have a steam account, and actually tried this game on it, that site purely sucks.

No. 

And besides, this doesn't answer the question as to why sound keeps coming on even though I have it set to OFF.

OR why I have to reboot twice every single time just to get the site up.  OR why this site suddenly stopped loading at all using Firefox.

(Again, right when you added the rube thing.)

Three reboots today now I have some new privacy policy to read?  Gees.  (I DO read those, huge waste of time but I always do.)

Well about the privacy policy.  Nothing I haven't seen before.

This part is fine.  Every website is collecting the same. Even my own.

We collect and process the following types of (personal) data:

• The page you visited (URL). This contains an abbreviation of the name of the game you played.
  • General data about the browser/device used. For instance, whether you use Chrome or Firefox, and which version.
  • Whether you use a desktop/laptop or tablet/smartphone to visit the website.
  • The version and language of the operating system used.
  • The IP address used (the address of the internet connection)
  • Upon access, the approximate geographical location of the visitor based on the IP address, at the country or region level.

But THIS????

Cookies used by us to sell and show ads

Name

Placed by

Reason

How long

Heyzap

Heyzap

Give you a good ads experience

6 months

Unity Ads

Unity

6 months

Vungle

Vungle

6 months

Applovin

Applovin

6 months

AdColony

AdColony

6 months

Facebook Audience Network

Facebook

6 months

InMobi

InMobi

6 months

Google

Google

6 months

DMP

Azerion

6 months

THIS is why I want NOTHING TO DO WITH FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE!

Seems the whole world is about nothing other than feeding people ads to sell crap.

Listen, I come here to play a simple poker game.  I'm NOT shopping and I'm NOT wasting bandwidth on stupid ads.

Most I have blocked anyway. 

We cut cable TV because 1. nothing on it worth watching and 2, even if you find a movie or something TOO DAMN MANY COMMERCIALS!

There is nothing about an "ad experience" that is good!!!!!!

Find another way to make money.   You have a product here, people play this every day right?  You do SELL packages right?  Fine tune your product so people spend money on it and you won't have to fill your website and others like steam and facebook with ads.

Climbing off my soap box now.  (Note to self, time to DELETE ALL COOKIES!  Even if it means I have to log into dozens of sites all over again.)

Three page refreshes every day just to get the sound to stay OFF.  

Why can't this be fixed?  Just set it off by default.  Let people who want to hear sound effects turn theirs on.  I bet no one does.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, ArtmakerJen said:

Three page refreshes every day just to get the sound to stay OFF.  

Why can't this be fixed?  Just set it off by default.  Let people who want to hear sound effects turn theirs on.  I bet no one does.

I talked to our developers and the sound issue that you have, can occur because of multiple reasons:

1. If you clear the cookies/cache/data of your browser, the settings will reset too (sound on) as it's a browser game

2. You are playing the game in the browser with the incognito-mode -> settings can't be saved

3. You have a browser plugin installed that might cause the issues 

We tested it during normal use in all common browsers and couldn't reproduce the issues that you have.

Easy stuff first.

I'm NOT playing in incognito mode. 

Only plug in?  (Not sure this even IS a plug in, came with the browser) it's version of adblocker.  AND NO I AM NOT DISABLING THAT!

Lastly...

I CRINGE every time I hear "clear this that the other....."   I once would blindly follow instructions (it has NEVER fixed a problem like this.)  Then find out I have to RE log into every site I use, lost the history of previous sites I want to find, and I just don't do that anymore.  Again, each and every time there has ever been some kind of problem on a website, this has not fixed it.  

HOWEVER.    Since this game stopped working on my primary browser, firefox, I started using Opera.  And this game is the ONLY thing I use Opera for.

So fine.  After 4 reboots and still getting sound, I came here, found your post and went ahead and cleared everything.

Now I had to enter my age, ok, fine,  accept terms, fine.   THEN I get a pop up saying I'm logged into another device.

I cannot find a way to attach a screen shot anywhere on this forum but it comes up and clicking reload only brings it up over and over until I quit, LEAVE IT QUIT for awhile, and try again.     So aside from the sound issue, something is wanky telling me I'm on another device or browser or anything.   I AM NOT! 

So... it's been a few min now, just opened the game, TOOK FOREVER to load, and I NOW HAVE MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS!!!!!!

Seems settings got reset.  Just turned them both OFF!   WHY can't these be OFF BY DEFAULT????

Does ANYONE out there really want to hear stupid music and CLING, CLANG, CHEERS, Other assorted BULLSHIT NOISES????

Poker is a SILENT game. 

But we'll see now if the sound STAYS off this time.

Hey ARTMAKERJEN,

as we want to give a full game experience and some people also use the music and sound effects, we have the sound on for default (and won't change this 😉)

If you just close a tab in your browser and don't log out correct, you will receive this notification that you are logged in on another device. You can log out in your settings. 

We now tested your sound issue several times in different browsers, but couldn't find the problems that you have. Only thing we can advice is to check your settings again or to play on another platform like Steam. :) 

wondering how many people turn their sound OFF like I do.  Ever track that?

Anyway, ok, it's not going to be shut off by default.  And I'm NOT using steam.  (That site purely sucks.) Besides I'd have to start all over.  I like the team I'm in and all the points I have etc.   Gotta deal with youdagames site.

Now... clearly you never tested on the system I have.   Imac, high sierra, opera. 

I have to reload the page every single time just to get it to work at all.  Sound is iffy.  Today it stayed off.  Yesterday too.  But some days I have to reload the page 3, 4, 5 times. 

Aren't there companies who do nothing but test stuff?  Companies with all devices, all browsers, including older versions of all of them?  TEST the game, and TEST upgrades BEFORE rolling it out.

I actually knew someone who worked for such a place.  They tested windows.  Came back with all sorts of bugs, windows was released with all of the bugs in tact.  Then they roll out patches, or a newer version your expected to buy.   (one of many reasons I do NOT use windows.) 

Well at least rebooting (over and over sometimes) will eventually shut off sound.  I'll deal with it.